What we do
Think Ahead was set up in 2009 to focus on
integrating Mac solutions into education
- On behalf of Maritzburg College we would like to place on record our thanks and appreciation to Think Ahead for their support, service and advice. Think Ahead’s educational insight and leadership has been exceptional. This organisation is well informed of the latest trends in education. The teacher training courses offered by Think Ahead have been thorough and good in the sense that they do not assume prior knowledge. Think Ahead’s response to queries has been outstanding and their support excellent. Think Ahead has also offered quality parent support and training. Think Ahead’s presence – leadership and educational market is evident with schools that are integrating technology in their classrooms. With the introduction of iPads at College partnering with Think Ahead has allowed us to equip and train 65 teachers on iPads. With the support from Think Ahead we have 7 iPad classes at college and each of the boys in these iPad classes have their own iPads.
Director of Digital Learning, Maritzburg College
- As a leader of educational programmes I have clear ideas with respect to what a world class teaching environment should look like in terms of the intelligent use of technology in teaching and learning. This has led me to the iPad, a device with which I have enjoyed a long and successful journey. I have come to rely on Think Ahead during the implementation of iPad projects. Their expertise, their ability to turn dreams into action, and their ability to inspire has been invaluable. We have enjoyed much success with iPad projects, and while part of that success is in the idea, much more so is from the ability to turn those ideas into effective action. We could not have done so without the Think Ahead team.
Headmaster, St Andrew’s College, Grahamstown
- Think Ahead has been on our “One-to-One iPad” journey for the last 4 years with us. We have made incredible friends with their staff – who are willing to help at a moment’s notice. Whether it is via phone call, iMessage or email! Whether it is giving advice or just being there for support. Most of our training has been done through Think Ahead – and they have empowered us to become independent, and to then go on and help and inspire other schools and teachers via their workshops. Think Ahead is a company that I would recommend any school to partner with if you would like a combination of “hand holding” and independence. They are there when you need them – ready for a brainstorming session – with the freedom to have your own ideas – that they then will help and support you to make reality.
Director of Educational Technology, Kingsmead College
- We partnered with Think Ahead since we decided to go the one-to-one iPad route approximately three years ago. They have been prompt in replying to all of our requests and queries. They assisted us with excellent advice on the purchase of the devices, what educational Apps to use, and introduced us to schools that have successfully introduced similar projects. We have been kept up to date with information re relevant events and talks. The South African iPad summit that was held in Johannesburg recently was run professionally and it gave our staff invaluable, practical information and the quality of the speakers and talks inspired them. They are always willing to go the extra mile. Their interest and dedication to education makes us feel comfortable that the advice we’re given is sound. They have also been flexible in their training course to adjust the material to what we require at the time
ICT Co-Ordinator, St Mary’s DSG Senior Primary
- Think Ahead have provided St Stithians Girls’ Preparatory with educationally sound support with our iPad rollout in Grades 6 and 7 since July 2013. From assisting us with making contact with other schools who had implemented the programme to being present during presentations to parents and students, they have been instrumental in helping to ensure a successful iPad rollout within our school. It is very reassuring having their website and support options for parents including iparent.co.za and iCare for technical support. Think Ahead is a one-stop support provider for educational iPad initiatives and our staff benefit from the many workshops they provide throughout the year. They are true leaders in the area of educational IT integration of Apple devices who provide professional, best practice support for educators, schools, students and parents.
ICT Integrator & Resource Centre Co-ordinator St Stithians Girls’ College
- In general, our experience with Think Ahead has been a positive, efficient and professional one. We are constantly updated and informed about products, services and training. We have found the training to be highly beneficial and valuable on both a local and international level. The South African iPad Summit held in February 2015 was inspiring and constructive and our teachers felt re-energised after the conference. Think Ahead provides consistent support and is always willing to give of their time and knowledge. We look forward to our continued relationship with Think Ahead.
ICT Co-ordinator, King David High School Victory Park
- St Mary’s has worked closely with Think Ahead since January 2012 when we purchased our first two iPad classroom sets (30 iPads each). In those early days Think Ahead offered us many hours of technical support in getting these iPads set up and ready for use by the pupils. We received on site teacher training workshops and lesson facilitation for the students. The regular Think Ahead workshops have proved invaluable and as a result I have been able to persuade more and more of our teachers to attend these sessions. Recently Think Ahead provided a 2-day iTunes U course to our staff. This was of great benefit to our staff as we now have in excess of ten excellent iTunes U courses under the St Mary’s banner. The Parent Support website is another valuable resource that I always show our parents and encourage them to use regularly. I always feel that I can call on the Think Ahead staff at any time to ask for advice or to simply ask day-to-day questions. As well as the professional development workshops they regularly keep us up to date with current products and pricing.
ICT Co-ordinator, St Mary’s DSG, Johannesburg
- We at Auckland Park Preparatory are extremely grateful to the Think Ahead Team for their insight and guidance in our iPad roll out programme. They are in touch with the curriculum and best classroom practices. Due to Think Ahead’s relevant, practical training sessions and reliable, unwavering support, many of our teachers have been inspired to embrace new technology in their classrooms. We are proud to be associated with the Think Ahead Team and would like to thank them for leading us so well into the 21st Century.
ICT Co-ordinator, Auckland Park Preparatory
- Maragon Private Schools Olympus benefits greatly from our partnership with Think Ahead. Many of our teachers attended training sessions presented by Think Ahead, these include the South African iPad summit and subject specific sessions, e.g. Physical Science and Mathematics. The teachers return from these sessions with excitement and eager to use and implement in the classroom what they have learned. The exposure to new applications and ideas leads to creativity and enhancement of learning materials and methods. Think Ahead is very supportive and offers excellent training opportunities.
Elna Van Aarde
Co-ordinator: MobiLearn & Blended Learning, Maragon